Friday, August 11, 2006

It's Already Friday?!!

We just can't believe that it's Friday again already! The week flew by! Nothing too exciting going on this weekend. We were going to go to either Hartford or Rock Rapids to the races tonight but one of Jeff's co-workers told him that since the Knoxville Nationals are going on in Knoxville, Iowa no one is having races tonight. So there go those plans! I think we are just going to do our usual...out to 2nd Street Diner for our usual Friday night supper and then we are going to go buy our fishing licenses so we can go fishing tomorrow (if the weather cooperates). We heard last night on the news that the wind is suppose to blow 15 to 30 mph tomorrow so I'm not sure we'll want to be on the water if that's happening. We'll see what tomorrow afternoon brings I guess!

I have a busy afternoon ahead of me. I picked more cucumbers and cherry tomatoes yesterday so now I get to can them. I plan on just freezing the tomatoes to use at a later time. But I need to boil and take the skins off all of them which might be a time consuming process. I'm going to make more dill pickles out of the cukes I picked yesterday. Jeff was nice enough to pull all the dead pea plants out of the garden the other night so the garden is looking much better. I even weeded the onions the other day so we can find them again. Our zucchini is going nuts still and I hope to have more by next week so I can bake and also make this Zucchini Quiche my mom gave us the recipe for. It's excellent and freezes well so I'm sure I'll make a few of those. Poor Jeff has to work until 5:30 and then back at it tomorrow morning at 8...Lucky guy! So he'll miss out on all the canning and freezing fun I'm going to have this afternoon!

We mowed the lawn last night and at about 10:30 it started to rain. Good thing we mowed last night..this will really green things up! We only got 2/10ths of an inch but hey rain is rain and we'll take it if it comes! We were worried the wind was going to blow like crazy because when the storm started out by Mitchell they said there were wind gusts up to 80 mph. We don't like to hear that. But the wind never really got that bad out by us...thank goodness!

Happy Friday to everyone! We hope everyone has a great weekend! God's blessings to everyone! More to come later!

No comments: