
Everyone around Madison always says that when it's Prairie Village Days that means summer is about over. I guess it's the truth. This weekend Jeff has his last two pulls and the tractor pull season is done for yet another summer! It's hard to believe that another summer has come and gone! We are looking forward to the changing of seasons and cooler fall weather!
Tonight we have a pull in Rock Valley, IA at 6:30. We hope to see some of you out there! The weather is suppose to cooperate which is a good thing. We lucked out last night and the strong storms (tornadoes and high winds) stayed up North (which was fine by us). We got 2/10ths of an inch of rain. That'll keep the grass green. Jeff just mowed again so now I'm sure it'll really take off.
We are still enjoying our fresh produce from the garden. In fact I thought the green beans were done but last night I was out there just looking through the bean patch and found some really nice green beans...so I picked them and we enjoyed them for supper last night. We are still getting about 2 to 3 zucchini out of the garden each week. I just keep shredding it and freezing it for later use. The cherry tomatoes are still going nuts and so are the cukes. It's funny because no matter how good I go through those cuke plants, I always miss some and by the next time I'm out there, there is this HUGE cuke on the plant. I think last night I picked a cuke that was near a foot long (it gets bigger everytime I tell this story :)!!!!) Needless to say we won't be doing anything with that one. Jake tries to run off with the stuff I pick out of the garden too. That dog loves cherry tomatoes and I think he would eat a cuke if you would let him. One day when I was picking cukes he stuck his head in the bucket and was thinking about stealing one or two. I told him No and he ran off but that hasn't stopped him from trying each and everytime I pick cukes! The ducks like them too and are very fond of sticking their heads in our cukes and eating the flowers and even nibbling on the cukes. Goofy animals!
Tomorrow we are going to Prairie Village to bum around in the morning...watching some of the demonstrations they put on and also to hit a few of the flea markets. Then at 6:00 pm Jeff has his tractor pull. The last one of the summer! Lee, Judy and Brian are coming to our house tonight after the pull to camp out in our back yard. That should be fun...we are having a cookout tomorrow for lunch and maybe we'll have a bon-fire tomorrow night after the pull and roast some marshmallows. Who knows...the possibilities are endless!!! :)
Well that's all for now. I'll post Jeff's results on Monday sometime. God's Blessings to everyone...have an excellent weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment