
Last night we had the Blankespoor Family Picnic in Inwood and boy was there a ton of food! I'm sure a number of you ended up taking some leftovers home...some of you probably got lucky and didn't have to take anything home with you! Jeff and I didn't mind that we had to bring some of our Fiesta Taco Casserole home because now we have supper for tonight! Hey what can I say...leftovers are awesome! The picnic was a GREAT time! It was nice to see people we don't get to see a lot of except at Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's amazing how much some of the kids have grown and it was nice seeing some of the babies we hadn't seen yet. Oh and all the food was a plus too!!! We couldn't have asked for a better night weather wise...no rain and it really cooled off nicely with a nice gentle breeze...it couldn't have gotten any better!
It's already Wednesday which is hard to believe. A lot of kids have gone back to school already. Madison doesn't start school until the 28th and I think even some of the grade schoolers have to wait until after Labor Day to start! I remember the good ol' days of getting ready to go back to school...it was exciting yet it meant summer was over! I was walking around Lewis the other day looking at all the neat school supplies the kids have now and commenting to Jeff about how we never had cool stuff like that when were went to school. It's crazy that we've been out of school as long as we have yet it's nice to not have to go back to school each August/September too! But then again we do have to go to work everyday so that is kind of like school in a sense but with NO homework :)!
I'll be making more dill pickles today since I just picked a whole gallon bucket full of cukes again this morning. I also found another zucchini. We now have, I kid you not, 8 bags of zucchini in our freezer. It'll be nice to have zucchini bread in the middle of winter though. I think we have another 5 to 6 out on in the zucchini patch too so we'll have plenty more. I plan to take one or two down to mom and dad next weekend when Jeff and I go down there. And I might have to start putting them in peoples cars...but as of right now I haven't gotten to that point yet!
That's it from the Blankespoor household this fine August morning. God's blessings to everyone...I'm off to make pickles!
No comments:
Post a Comment