We just can't believe that it's already the 14th of August. My how the summer has flown by! Of course at the beginning of the summer you think about all the stuff you plan to do...boating, fishing, hiking, bike riding, etc. and pretty soon it's August and you realize you haven't had time to any of it yet! You sit there and think "Where did the Summer Go?" That's what me and Jeff are thinking at this point. We had so many plans for the summer. Of course Jeff got the boat all ready and we were going to take it out on Saturday. It didn't happen...by the time the afternoon hit the wind was blowing 30 mph so we figured boating probably wouldn't be much fun! So now the plan is to get the boat out some weeknight. The weather has to cooperate sometime, right?!
We are going to Colorado in October so that's something in the fall to look forward to! I was ready to go in January already when we made the reservations but had to patiently wait...and am still patiently waiting! October will be here before we know it! We both know that there is some good fishing around this area in September and October so we plan to do a lot of that in the up coming months.
Jeff only has 3 tractor pulls left. There was talk of him pulling Brian's outlaw tractor in Ocheyedan this coming Friday but that has all changed now. We probably aren't even going to the Ocheyedan now (very far for us to drive). I'll keep everyone posted if we decide to go or not. We have a few days to change our minds :)! There is a pull in Rock Valley this Saturday at 3:00 and we will be at that one...so everyone come out and watch!! After that one we have one pull left and that is in our territory up in Madison...Prairie Village Days is a good time! Brian is trying to talk Jeff into pulling his tractor in Madison so I'll keep everyone updated on that. He's not sure he wants to but time will tell. I think he is going to pull the 300 in the Antique pull on Friday night (August 25th) in Madison. That will be fun to watch too!
Otherwise it's back to the grind today. It's too nice outside to be working..isn't that the way it always goes! I'm making zucchini quiche for supper tonight...we got 2 more zucchini out of the garden yesterday. I made zucchini and chocolate chip muffins on Saturday and boy are they good!! I should make somemore zucchini bread this week too. Jeff and I think we'll probably gain 20 lbs. each after eating all this good zucchini stuff...oh well it'll be worth it :)! I have to pick tomatoes tonight sometime too...there are a TON of them! Probably will try to use our new pressure canner one of these nights and can some of those tomatoes. We'll see!
We hope everyone is doing good. God's Blessings to everyone! More to come later in the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment