Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Tractor Pull Without Rain....Who Would Have Thought!

Jeff had an excellent tractor pull last night! The weather was decent (despite the heavy looking rain clouds) and the chill in the air. It was humid but chilly...I was running around in a sweatshirt and was still kinda cold! It was so much more comfortable then Saturday at Alcester! Jeff got a first place in the 6700 lb. class and a first place in the 7500 lb. class...there was even some good competition...but he blew everyone away by at least 30 to 40 feet. The tractor is running great but it's starting to leak some oil...Jeff said he plans to do some work on it this winter. Jeff might (and I stress might) drive another tractor (Brian's Outlaw Tractor) at the Ocheyedan pull on the 18th of August. He's not sure yet so I'll keep everyone posted so you can all come watch :)! Jeff keeps telling me I need to pull the Minnie...not so sure about that but don't worry I'll post it first thing on this blog if I decide to pull sometime! He also said I should pull the 300 in the antique pull in Madison at Prairie Village Days at the end of August. I'm not so sure I want to do that...what if I break it or crash it or something! I'm good at crashing things into trees (well only if the brakes don't work...if you want to hear that story let me know)! There are so many "what if's" but Jeff keeps telling me it's easy! So who knows!

We don't have any tractor pulls now until Ocheyedan so it'll be nice to get a little break in there. Hopefully we can get the boat out and cruise around on some open water this weekend. Jeff and I are talking about maybe going to the Races on Friday in either Hartford or Rock Rapids. Not sure yet if we are going or not. Jeff has to work Saturday morning so I'm going to do my usual...clean the house. Doesn't that sound like fun? It needs it so I won't mind doing it!

My dill pickles turned out good the other night. I haven't tried them yet. I want to wait a few weeks so they get that cucumber taste out of them! We have a ton more growing in the garden so I'm sure I'll be making plenty more. We have already eaten a loaf of our zucchini bread that I made the other night too. It's EXCELLENT! There is nothing like growing your own stuff, making something with it and then eating it. It's so satisfying to know that it came from your garden. I have 3 bowls of cherry tomatoes that I need to do something with. I have been trying to eat them but after so many my stomach says STOP EATING THOSE! Jeff won't eat them plain...so I better get to canning I guess. I'm sure you can can cherry tomatoes...probably just a little harder to peel then larger ones. We have about 5 zucchini in our zucchini patch too...I'll shred those up when they are ready and freeze it to use at a later time. And I'm sure some of you might be receiving one! I told mom and dad I was going to mail them a few :)! So if you find a zucchini in your car......you might know now where it came from :)!!

Otherwise nothing too exciting is going on at the Blankespoor household. Another week is half over already! It's crazy how the time just fly’s by! We hope everyone is doing well and God's blessings to each and every one of you! Oh and to answer what Adam and Morgan are going to have...IT'S A BOY!!! It's been 3 weeks (almost) since they found out so I hope they don't mind that I posted it on here! More to come!

No comments: