Monday, August 07, 2006

Where is the Summer going?


We just can't believe it's already the 7th of August! Seriously, where has the summer gone? Jeff only has 4 tractor pulls left and that's it for this year. It's so hard to believe! We wanted to do some fishing this summer but haven't quite gotten to that yet. I think we are going to try on Saturday. Not sure if we'll fish or not because after the HOT weather the fish haven't been biting. Just to get the boat out on the open water will be nice!

We had a tractor pull this past Saturday in Alcester, SD. It was SUPER HOT out there to begin with...no breeze. We were all sweating buckets! Then the storm clouds came and it started to rain! I probably jinx it by talking about rain and tractor pulling on here but it never fails (well most of the time anyway). So we sat out in the rain and after a 20 minute rain delay the tractor pull resumed. By the time the rain had started Jeff had already pulled. He did GREAT!!! He got a first place in the 6700 lb. and a 2nd place (darn Oliver) in the 7500 lb. class. They weren't giving out money...they got trophies instead. Jeff was joking that maybe the gas stations in Alcester would take the trophies in exchange for some gas!! I don't think that would fly but it would be funny to see him try to pay with trophies! So we'll add those to the plaque collection we have in our "tractor room". Ok so it's not a "tractor room" yet...it's still the computer room but we have some BIG time dreams for that room :)!!! After the rain stopped the temp. dropped and the wind came up. My shorts were soaked but I was a trooper and sat there with cold, damp shorts on. I survived...I figured everyone else had wet clothes on too so it wasn't that big of a deal. We got home at 1 a.m. Jeff's quite the guy...he lets me sleep on the way home. I always tell him "If you can't stay awake please wake me up." So far he hasn't had to do that yet and I wouldn't mind if he had to :)!

It's back to the same old same old again today. I was in the garden this morning picking cukes. I am making some dill pickles tonight..we'll see how that goes! We also picked 1/2 a gallon pail full of cherry tomatoes last night too...YUMMY!!! I eat those things like candy...but we plan to try to make some homemade salsa with them too. So have had a few big tomatoes off our big boy plants that haven't had the black bottoms so we are having BLT's tonight with baked beans . I should have made homemade bread too but oh well...only so much time in a day isn't there!

Tomorrow night we have a pull in Rock Rapids. It starts at 6:30..hope to see some of you out there! I won't say anything about the weather...we'll see if that makes a difference :)! I better put my umbrella back in the truck though just in case!

Tonight I'm going to try my hand at making Dill Pickles. My mom gave me a really easy recipe for some delicious Dill Pickles so I'll try it out and see what happens. I am also going to make some zucchini bread out of the 2 zucchini we just got out of our garden. I know that'll taste good :)! Haven't had that in a long time and since we finally grew some zucchini I'll make some bread out of it...maybe some muffins too (probably later on...after the bread is gone). The picture at the top is of our zucchini patch in July...it's quite a bit bigger now :)!!

Well that's it for now I guess. God's Blessings to each and every one of you! I'll post Jeff's results on Wednesday or Thursday! More to come....

No comments: