I probably got your attention with the title didn't I?! Unfortunately I'm not talking about me getting to go to the spa...even though that would be great. I'm talking about the Ducks. Yes you read it right...I said Ducks!
With the extremely cold weather lately, the outside faucet doesn't work so we have to get water from the bath tub for the ducks to drink. So it doesn't freeze immediately when we take it outside we use hot water. In the mornings, the ducks anxiously await their water...and I think I know why! The water is hot and their feet are cold..one after the other jump into the water. The steam is coming off both the duck and the water. It's quite the site. I think it's their own little spa! I wish I could take pictures of this but I know the camera wouldn't capture such a thing (the steam). So I'll just tell you about it instead (maybe I'll try to get it on video but I don't think that'll give you the full effect either). It's like they are all warmed up after getting out of the water (which I think would be 100 times worse then going into the water...BURR!) We give them their "spa treatment" 3 times a day when it's cold like this. I think they are spoiled!
Jeff and I went to see Adam, Morgan, and Cade yesterday after we left Inwood. Cade is such a sweet baby! He weighed in at 12 lbs. at his dr. appointment last week. He's growing like a weed and he's so much more alert now. It's exciting to think that we will have another niece/nephew to spoil and cuddle in June when Tami and Alan's baby is born :)!
It was back to the grind today. Both Jeff and I worked today despite it being Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I guess that's just how it goes. We hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Monday! God's Blessings to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment