Sometimes I really struggle with something to talk about on this blog. For instance I have been putting off typing anything all week because I don't know what to talk about :)! Now that things have slowed down after the Christmas rush and Jeff and I have settled back into our usual routine...there isn't much to say. But I can usually ramble long enough to fill everyone in on what is going on :).
- Our house is still decorated for Christmas. I hate thinking Christmas is over and done with. It's such a wonderful time of year...it's crazy busy but it's also a time to spend with our families and to give to those who might not be as lucky as us. This year Jeff and I decided to do something nice for one of our neighbor guys. He lives by himself...really has no family and we feel bad for him because he's all by himself except for his beloved dog. So this year Jeff and I brainstormed on what we could do for him to make his Christmas seem less depressing/sad. We decided to bake him something homemade since he probably doesn't get much of that being that he's by himself. So that's what we did...I made Cinnamon Swirl Bread and Banana Bread and Jeff took it over to him. He said this guy was smiling from ear to ear and just kept telling Jeff thank you! That's what Christmas is all about...and it's about Jesus' birth. So many times that is lost in all the craziness of the holidays and all the material things. We got so much gratitude out of giving to that one neighbor I think we'll do more of that next year. It's amazing how something so simple can mean so much to someone and also make you feel wonderful! So that's why I hate to pack up all the decorations and say Christmas is done for another year. I guess we can keep doing the nice things all year round...it doesn't have to just be a Christmas thing. The Christmas tree still turns on at 4:30 each night...I think we'll let it light up a few more nights and then I guess we'll have to take it down for another year.
- Jeff's been very busy out in the shop the last few nights. On Wednesday night he went to Salem with a co-worker and bought 2 snowmobiles. They are vintage snowmobiles and Jeff loves those things so if anyone has any laying around in their grove's, shed's or garage's Jeff would love to take them off your hands :)! He was even riding them last night...not sure on what...the grass doesn't look too cut up this afternoon so there must have been enough ice for him to sled around on. He is hoping and praying for snow....I keep telling him if he wants snow that bad we might have to move to Colorado. I have a feeling if we got that much snow all the time he wouldn't like it and pray for it so much!
- I have been keeping busy reading and working on puzzles. That's my new thing this winter. I dug out an old puzzle we had on New Years Eve and ever since completing that one I have been hooked. Judy let us borrow one of her's since we only have just the one that I did on New Years Eve. It's a monster and it's taking me forever to get done but I try to work on it every day a few times. Work is going extremely well. It's amazing how fast the day goes when you have so much to do. The time flys by and I also have found that I'm more motivated and enjoy working more in the morning. So this has been a very positive move for me even though I do miss the people I worked with at my last job.
- Tonight we are going to Sioux Falls. I'm going to get my Christmas present tonight. Jeff and I are going to go to Sears or Target and get me my sewing machine. I thought having one might be kinda nice and I can make things that I'm not able to make now without one. Then after that I think we are going to Barnes and Noble to hang out. I think we could live in that place if they would let us. It's a good thing Madison doesn't have one!
- Well see I've managed to ramble on quite well in this entry. We hope everyone is having a wonderful week..and that everyone has a wonderful weekend too! God's blessings to everyone. I promise I'll take my camera outside again and start taking pictures so our blog has some visual appeal! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment