Monday, January 08, 2007

Our Weekend in a Nutshell

Jeff and I had a nice weekend. Friday night we went to Sioux Falls to get my sewing machine at Sears. I found a really good one that looks simple enough to use (I have only sewed a few times so simple is good). I have been going through some of my craft books and have found a few things I want to make. So now I just need to practice practice practice and become a master on my sewing machine so I know what I'm doing when it comes time to make the things I want to. After we bought my sewing machine we went to Barnes and Noble. I think we were in there for over 2 hours! I found 2 more cookbooks that I couldn't live without (I have a problem people...a cookbook addiction). Jeff was looking for snowmobiling books and can you believe it...Barnes and Noble has no such books in their store! We were shocked! He tried to find some tractor books too but they had such a poor selection. I wish they had more for him to look at there. I wish they didn't have so many wonderful cookbooks either!

After we got home on Friday night we pretty much went to bed. Jeff went to Inwood on Saturday to get Tami and Alan's car and also to help Lee and Brian on a Tracker they are fixing up. So I stayed home and yes...I finally took down the Christmas decorations. I didn't want to but I made myself do it! I popped in DVD #2 of the Golden Girls Season 6 and down came the decorations. It didn't take me too long and it actually wasn't really all that bad taking them down. Jeff got home at around 6:45, got cleaned up and we went out to supper at Geno's on the Lakes. It was delicious. We had a gift certificate that my old boss had given us last April so we thought we better use that before it expired. It bought us some pretty good supper! We ran to town after that to put gas in the car and then went home.

On Sunday we got up early and went to Inwood for church and dinner. The guys (Jeff, Brian, and Alan) are so excited for our upcoming snowmobiling trip in February. Tami and I are praying they will have some snow to snowmobile in! As of Sunday, Spearfish only had 3 inches of snow (can't do much sledding in only 3 inches). I guess the plan is that if Spearfish doesn't have enough snow...we drive 4 more hours to Laramie, WY! Hey I guess you go where the snow is...anything to make our guys happy :)! Not sure what us girls will be doing on this trip...I think we might try to get some shopping in and probably some much needed relaxing! Who knows! I guess a lot of snow can fall in a months time...so we'll have to see what happens.

Back to the grind today. Work went well for me...busy as usual. I haven't talked to Jeff since he left for work this morning but I'm assuming he's busy. Tonight he's working on Tami and Alan's car and a few other vehicles we have around here. I don't know what I'll be doing...maybe putting my puzzle together (or attempting to). Who knows what tonight will bring!

So that's the weekend in a nutshell. Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday! God's Blessings to everyone!

No comments: