Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh My Gosh...I Think I Am A.....

Morning Person!! Which is something I swore I would never in a million years be! When I was growing up, I was a night owl. I remember always wanting to stay up late and sleep in in the mornings. When I was on my own after Mom and Dad moved, I would stay up rather late. It wouldn't be uncommon to find me and my friends out at Fryin' Pan at 2 a.m. having fries and milkshakes. Boy are those days LONG GONE!! I find every morning lately, I'm awake at 5 a.m. Ok so I don't get out of bed at that time but I have been waking up at that time. I usually can get back to sleep but it's not a real sound sleep. The alarm goes off at 6:15 a.m. and Jeff usually hits snooze a few times before he gets up. I'm up and at it after he hits snooze one time..usually around 6:30. I can honestly say I don't mind this hour of the morning. If you would have asked me 5 years ago what I thought of 6:30 in the morning it would have been a whole other story!! I use to marvel at how my Dad would get up at 5 a.m. every morning and actually be happy! I thought morning was the worst time of day back then...boy have things changed.

I accomplish so much more in the morning. I work morning hours now so that is perfect because I feel like I'm 110% into working from 8 to 1 everyday. When I use to work in the afternoons I would drag from 1 to 5...seriously. So that's why I'm come to the conclusion that I'm now a MORNING PERSON!!!

Jeff on the other hand is a NIGHT OWL! He can stay up until 2 a.m. working on his tractor, car or snowmobile. He even is able to get up at 6:30 for work at 7:30 but he always tells me the guys at work know not to talk to him until either after 9 a.m. or after he's had his first cup of coffee/Mello Yello :)!! So Jeff is not a morning person...he is what I use to be. I think he gets this from his Grandma Top (DeJong). She is a night person too. I've heard stories about her staying up until 2 a.m. working on quilts! So that's where he gets it from! I think Lee has a little bit of Night owl in him too but I also think Lee is kind of a morning person. As my Dad says "Jeff is a morning person...just a very very early morning person." If you think about it...it's true but don't tell Jeff that :)!!

Jeff seems to accomplish a TON at night when he's out in the shop with the music blaring. While he's busy working/tinkering around...I'm in the house, asleep on the couch at...oh...about 10 I would say. I usually wake up for a few minutes after he comes in for the night, I say a few things...most of the time which make no sense what so ever and then I go crawl into bed. That's the routine around here most nights. However tonight we are both staying in...it's too COLD out there!!

So that's how it is around here...we have me...a MORNING person and Jeff a NIGHT person but you know what...it all works out just fine :)!! God's Blessings to everyone...More to come!

No comments: