Monday, January 22, 2007

I LOVE Bargains!

Val and I had a very productive shopping trip on Saturday! We got to Sioux Falls at 10:40 or so and hit TJ Maxx first. We had limited time there because we needed to meet Val's husband Steve at Fudruckers for lunch at 11:30. So we just looked a little and tried on a few things. We decided after lunch we would go back there to look around more and try on more clothes.

Fudruckers was good. I've never eaten there before. It was nice trying another place in Sioux Falls...and their burgers are wonderful by the way! After lunch we went back to TJ Maxx. We both tried on a few more things and all I found was a pair of jeans that I liked. I think Val found a few things here too. So we bought our items and off to the Mall we went. The Mall really wasn't even that bad for a Saturday. We hit a ton of stores...Old Navy, JcPenney's, Maurices, Sears, etc. All of these stores have fabulous clearance racks full of winter clothes. That's my kind of shopping. I love a good bargain! Those are the racks I hit first. Hey it's still winter for a few more months so why not!! I found a sweatshirt at Old Navy and that's all I bought at the Mall.

After the Mall we hit Gordman's. We both found tons of stuff to try on at Gordman's. Val was on a mission to find some khaki pants. I wasn't shopping for anything in particular...just looking for a bargain. I don't think either one of us found anything in Gordman's that we bought. I had made up my mind that Kohl's would have TONS of stuff that I would want so I was holding out for Kohl's. That was our last stop. We went into Kohl's....JACKPOT!!! I love this store!! They had really good sales going on there...I was very impressed. I think I could have stayed in there all day and looked through everything. Val found some khaki pants (her mission was accomplished) and I found more bargains. I found a long sleeved shirt on a Clearance rack...it was originally priced at $44.00...I got this shirt for $6.60!! If you are looking for bargains...I recommend KOHL'S!!! I also got a really pretty sweater (I have quite the sweater collection by the way)...it was 1/2 off and then I found another pair of jeans. I even came home with some money...I probably should get back to Sioux Falls again real soon! I decided the leftover Christmas money is to buy some scrap booking supplies so I can get started on our wedding scrapbook. By the time I get that one done we'll probably have more scrapbooks to do...who knows!

So the weekend was a good one. Jeff had a great time snowmobiling. Boy was he sore on Saturday night though. He told me it was worth it though because he had so much fun. They rode for 6 hours he said...I think he said they went 80 miles or something like that. No wonder he's sore!! He was asleep on the chair at 8:45 on Saturday....I was asleep by 9:15 on the couch on Saturday...hey we both had very busy days!!

The weekend was good...it always goes way to fast but what do you do! Today it's back to the grind. It was snowing when I came to work. I'm convinced it just snows a tiny bit to taunt Jeff...we only have about 2 inches on the ground. My Mom and Dad got 5 inches yesterday and Inwood got quite a bit too. Poor Jeff...I know a few people who would love to ship some of the snow up our direction...too bad it's not that simple!

God's Blessings to everyone!! More to come later this week and maybe I'll actually take some more pictures to post on here!!

No comments: