It's been kind of weird writing 2007 on things today! It always takes me awhile to adjust to writing a new year down when I'm writing checks or even dating letters at work. It's so hard to believe that another year has come and gone and we are starting another one! Here's to a wonderful, healthy, happy, and blessed New Year to Everyone!
Jeff and I didn't do too much for New Years. We ended up staying home from Inwood on Sunday due to the weather. It rained all day on Saturday and then it froze and then I guess Inwood was getting snow on Sunday morning. Jeff called 511 to see how the road conditions were and they said that there was snow packed and icy roads...so we stayed put. Jeff watched snowmobiling video's on the computer most of the day...I found a puzzle and put that together and also enjoyed a nap! We did manage to watch the ball drop at midnight! I was shocked that I saw that happen...I'm usually sleeping. Ok so technically I was sleeping until about 11:57 p.m. when Jeff came downstairs from watching his snowmobiling video's...we watched the ball drop and then went to bed. We went to Inwood on Monday morning though. Jeff had to pick up a car he bought from Lems and some parts to fix another car we have out here. We had lunch with Lee and Judy and hung out until about 2:15 then it was back to Madison. Pretty uneventful few days...very relaxing too which is always nice!
I wanted to talk about our experience at Carnival Brazilian Grille on Thursday night with Mom and Dad. It was a WONDERFUL experience! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try lots of wonderful foods and wants to leave the place completely stuffed! They have this huge salad bar along with a hot bar they call it with lots of hot dishes and soups. On the table each guest has this little dial thing that has red and green on it. Red means "Don't bring me anymore food" or "No thank you" and the green means "Keep it coming" or "Yes I want to try it". As long as the card is green these Gaucho waiter guys carrying meat on sticks keep stopping over to the table asking you if you want to try it. There was TONS of different kinds of meat. We had lamb, swordfish, top sirloin, pork, prime rib, chicken and two types of homemade sausage. It's a good way to find out if you like certain kinds of meats (I really didn't like the lamb or swordfish..Jeff liked the lamb and also disliked the swordfish but he still ate his...he's much braver then I am!) They also bring you out four different side dishes. We had these little cheesy biscuit things (probably not the proper name for them but I don't know what else to call them), Polenta (it's like a fried cornbread), garlic mashed potatoes and deep fried bananas with this delicious cinnamon coating. You can get endless amounts of those too but we just had one of each because we wanted to try all the meat. We then got 2 desserts which we divided and shared between the 4 of us. It was a good time with LOTS of GREAT food!
Mom and Dad left on Friday morning and got home safe and sound. Now it's back to the grind for everyone today. I've already put in my 5 hours so now I'm at home doing laundry. Jeff has had a pretty busy day so far at work...hopefully that keeps up for the rest of the month.
Well that's it for now. I'm going to have to start taking more pictures so I can post more pictures on my blog. Hope every one's New Year is off to a great start! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment