Wednesday, January 10, 2007



I'm sitting here at the computer wondering what in the world I'm going to talk about in this blog. It's not that there isn't anything going on...it's just all so routine and the same old, same old. Winter is like that I guess...we don't really spend too much time outside now that it's getting colder (unless there is a good 12 inches of snow on the ground...then we all know where Jeff is going to be :)!!) We talked about this at supper tonight when I asked Jeff what I should talk about on the blog. We decided that winter is just boring...most nights I like to just sit in the house, watching TV, reading a book or soaking in the bath. Jeff likes to work out in the shop (it's heated so that helps a lot).

I guess since Jeff and I aren't up to much I'll talk about Jake. After putting him on his pills this summer for his thyroid condition we have noticed he likes to bark...and bark A LOT!! I never realized he barked so much until I started having the afternoons off. He barks at every vehicle that drives by our place, he barks at vehicles that are a mile away from our house and he barks at nothing (sometimes he plays in his kennel and is barking and throwing his toys around). He is full of energy now and it's just amazing how one little pill each day could make such a difference. He got some new toys for Christmas and he was sort of scared of this one Jeff and I got him. It squeaks really high pitched and Jake would bite onto it and it would SQUEAK!! and he would drop it. It shocked him the first few times but now when it squeaks his ears just perk up and he realizes he is the one that's making it squeak. He is still rolling around in the grass/mud. It's funny because he doesn't care if he gets wet or muddy...apparently the feeling of rolling around in the grass far out weighs the cold, dampness of the ground. Dogs are goofy like that!

The ducks are just as goofy as Jake. In the winter time they usually are not very active but this winter has been the exception since it's been so much warmer (boy are they in for a shock in the next few days!). They wander all over the yard. The baby duck is no longer a baby...he/she sure grew up quick. He/She (not sure what it is yet) is even bigger then its mom! This baby duck has found it's voice too...one afternoon the baby duck was quacking up a storm and Jake was barking...maybe they were competing...who knows! They are just fun to watch and we are convinced that if we just videotape them for awhile and send it into America's Funniest Home Video's we could win the $10,000! I'll keep you posted if we do that :)!!

Not much going on with Jeff and I tonight. Jeff is out in the shop working on Tami and Alan's car. I'm sitting here in the house racking my brain for something to talk about :)! I think I did pretty good for not knowing at the beginning of this blog what I was going to say.

We also just wanted to say that we are praying for everyone that is in need of prayers. We know that some of you are struggling with some big issues and health concerns right now and we want you to know that we are thinking and praying for you all! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come later!

No comments: