Monday, March 26, 2007

Additions to the Blankespoor "Zoo"

The weekend was pretty uneventful for the most part. It rained all day on Saturday so I stayed in the house and worked on our wedding scrapbook (finally)! I only have gotten 5 pages done but so far it's turning out pretty nice. I'll have to take some pictures and post them on here for all to see :)! Jeff worked out in the shop all afternoon taking tires off of their rims (sounds fun doesn't it). He did 30 tires I think and said he was super stiff when he came in that night. We didn't get to grill out on Saturday either since the rain decided to stick around. Oh well the broiler worked just fine for our steaks! Hopefully this week or this weekend we can grill out sometime.

Yesterday we went to Inwood for church and dinner with Lee, Judy, Brian, Tami and Alan. That's always a good time. Lee always makes TONS of food and we usually stuff our faces. I always sneak in a nap at about 2:00. We got home at around 6:30 and the ducks were sitting under the deck. They looked really, really strange. Jeff said "They look weird...one's completely white like it got into something." So I started freaking out thinking whatever attacked them a few months ago had come back to attack again. And we were only counting 4 under the deck and not the typical 5. After we got everything settled in the house, we let Jake out to run and we started looking at the ducks. Jeff was like "These aren't our "normal" ducks!" I was like "What?! Where did they come from? Are we at the right house?" We both looked and sure enough...these 4 ducks are different colors and sizes then our "normal" ducks.

The "new" ducks were just hanging out under the deck so Jeff and I decided to run around the yard to see if the "normal" duck group was still in the yard. Sure enough...they were down the yard by the grove wandering around like usual. Later that night I looked out the window and the "new" ducks were walking around the yard. I informed Jeff and he went outside to watch them. He said the "new" ducks were trying to join the "normal" ducks. They were running after them like "Hey guys...can we be part of your group?" The "normal" ducks wouldn't have any part in letting the "new" ones join. It reminded me of high school...the cool kids wouldn't let the new kids into their little clique. Great our "normal" ducks are SNOBS!! So after running after the "cool" ducks the "new" ones finally gave up and went back under the deck.

After dark we started to watch them again and the "new" ducks came out and the "normal/cool" ducks were kind of over by them. Well the male we so affectionately call Pompous (nice huh!?) went RUNNING (and I mean a dead run) right after the new ducks. Welcome to the neighbor guys...ok so not quite! He chased for a bit and then stopped and went back to the "cool" group. From what Jeff and I can tell...they all slept in their "groups". It'll be interesting to see if the "cool" ducks let the "new" ducks into their clique! I'll keep you posted!

So we have 4 new additions to our little zoo. We think we know where they came from (thanks Phil and Marsha). We don't mind at all...they eat bugs and all that stuff. I wonder what new animal we can add next month? Any suggestions :)?! Jake doesn't seem to mind...just more drama in the yard and Jake likes drama. He's kind of like that nosey neighbor that has to know EVERYTHING...yup that's our dog!

Well that's it for now. Happy Monday everyone! God's Blessings to you all! More to come (maybe even some pictures of the "new" ducks...if they let me get close enough to them).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is too funny about the ducks. Looks like you have a clique group of ducks! HEHE

Just Mom said...

I'm looking forward to the duck pictures, if you have any.