Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring Cleaning...Yes or No??!

This afternoon the big project around the house was to CLEAN! Usually this is done on Saturdays but my Mom is coming to stay at our place Thursday and Friday so it had to be done early. I didn't mind though...it actually goes pretty quick when you are in cleaning mode. I don't know if it's the weather getting warmer (our atomic thermometer claimed it was 48 degrees out when I got home from work at 1) or what but I'm in cleaning mode. It is about time to start that spring cleaning business.

I never was real big on "Spring Cleaning" when I lived in my little apartment or even in the duplex. However, now that I live in a real house I know it has to be done. I know a lot of people who really do a major cleaning near Spring. And when I say major I mean major...cleaning the drapes and blinds, washing everything in site, dusting and vacuuming things I never would have dreamed of. Like I said I'd never been that into it but now that I'm a married woman with a house I suppose I to have to clean, clean, clean this Spring :)!

Jeff does "Spring Cleaning" of his own out in the yard and shop. Usually his type of Spring Cleaning involves getting rid of truck box loads full of steel, some junk cars and he even sells some of his vehicles. Yes you heard me right...he sells some of his toys. Of course that always makes room for more toys (which is fine by me...I'm just happy he's not wasting money on drinking or gambling!). I know he's been talking about selling his snowmobiles and even his restored gray truck so that we can get 2 newer snowmobiles and tin our garage before it falls over. So he gets to do his type of "Spring Cleaning" and I get to do mine.

So what does everyone else do? I want to know...do you or don't you "Spring Clean"? Don't be shy...tell me what you think of "Spring Cleaning" :)!!

Aside from cleaning I've been doing laundry today too. I do that every Tuesday...yes I know it's Wednesday today but I had better things to do yesterday :)!! Tomorrow afternoon I'm making "Spring" type cookies. I found these really cute cookie cutters at Lewis yesterday for Easter. One of them is a tulip flower cut-out so I'm going to make sugar cookies and frost them different colors. I might even put a picture up here (that is if they turn out). I'm also making a S'mores Cake for tomorrow and Sunday. It's Mom's birthday tomorrow...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM !! HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE!! (a day early) so we need to have some treats for when she gets here!

Well that's it for now...God's Blessings to everyone! More to come later this week!

1 comment:

A mom said...

I don't do spring cleaning. I clean every weekend, but I hate pulling things out, washing blinds etc. When I get the urge to do that major cleaning, I run with it, because who knows when it will happen again. So major cleaning happens whenever the mood strikes me. I would much rather spend the spring cleaning up my yard!