Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tractor Pull Fever....

I think Jeff has a case of "Tractor Pull Fever". This usually starts to happen this time of year. He puts the snowmobiles away, the snow melts and then it's time to start focusing on the tractor. Last night for instance...I heard a LOUD vehicle outside in our driveway. I looked out and there was Jeff, driving around the yard at 10:00 p.m. on his puller tractor (G1000 Minneapolis Moline). I thought it was cute :)!! He hasn't ever driven it so it was fun watching him drive around the yard. I think he was excited about driving it too....I know he's thinking about the potential this tractor will have during the upcoming tractor pull season.

As far as his "Old" puller from last year...well that one is sitting in the shed. I'm not really sure what's going to happen with it. I have had it suggested by a few people that I pull it at the tractor pulls...OH BOY what a site that would be! I seriously think Jeff would have me out there pulling the older one if we had a way to get both tractors to the pulls. Our trailer only holds one tractor so I guess the "Old" puller is going to have to stay put. Jeff has said something about putting it in the Minneapolis Moline Show at Prairie Village this year in Madison. You never know...you might see me driving it in that pull (but I'll make no promises :)!!)

I read through the directions on my apron last night. I now know how to lay out the pattern on the material. I need to read through my sewing machine book and figure out how to work that thing. I didn't do too much last night. I hurt my hip/back again and was pretty miserable last night. It hurt to sit, it hurt to walk, it hurt to lay down...I just couldn't win. So today I'm battling though it again...I'm trying not to have to go to the doctor or chiropractor but I might cave in and go see someone...this is NO FUN! Jeff's cold is no better either...boy we are a healthy bunch at our house! Hopefully we will both be on the mend soon.

Lori you will have to show me pictures of your quilt when you get it done. I'm excited to see it...it sounds really neat! Don't worry everyone, I'll post pictures of my apron (if it looks like an apron) on here when it's done. I'll probably even post pictures of our wedding album scrapbook as I work on it (I know a few people have expressed an interest in seeing it).

Well that's it for now. No thunderstorms yet...I'm hoping there will be one this afternoon...that would be GREAT!!! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are both going to have to give in and go see the doctor.
Sometimes colds just don't go away on their own Jeff and you have to bite the dust and give in. As for you Erin, remember last year? So maybe rather than suffering with all these pains you better go see that chiropractic!! OH Well, I hope you both are feeling better real soon.
Mary

A mom said...

I feel for you. Those darn hips anyways. I hope you get some releif soon.

Good luck figuring out your sewing machine! I remeber learning how to use one in high school, but I am sure I wouldn't have a clue what to do with one now. Can't wait to see your handy work.