Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring has Sprung (well later today anyway)!

Today is the beginning of SPRING!! Here's hoping that it gets warm enough (soon) to start spending hours on end outside (not mowing...yet), grilling (we'll let Jeff handle that), and gardening (OK so I can't start that until May/June). I'm just excited that they are forecasting RAIN and possibly THUNDERSTORMS for the next few days. There is always something extra special about that first Thunderstorm of Spring. I just LOVE it! Again I think to me the first Thunderstorm = Spring :)!! HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!!

Not much to report at the Blankespoor household today. Jeff has my cold now...poor guy. I keep telling him to go to the doctor but will he...NOPE! He is one of those that'll just battle through it and fight it until it gets better, even if it takes 3 weeks to go away. So I'm hoping his cold doesn't get as bad as mine did. He's got a busy week ahead of him. Last night we went to Inwood to pick up Jeremy's mud truck body (the one Jeff painted on Saturday). It turned out really nice. It's viper blue and it's really a beautiful color. Jeff got some practice painting (he had to put 10 coats on that mud truck body). This has gotten Jeff ready and more excited to paint his puller tractor for this upcoming tractor pulling season (which starts in June by the way). His "new" puller still needs some work and paint but I know Jeff will get it done before pulling season starts.

I found some nice material for my apron at JoAnn Fabrics on Saturday. Now I just need to read the directions for both the pattern and sewing machine and get crackin'. It would be nice to have that apron done sometime this year :)!! I also found TONS of scrap booking materials for our wedding album. I found the perfect scrapbook too...it's Burgundy in color (fitting since that was one of our colors for the wedding) and it's also silk. It's beautiful and I can't wait to get started on this scrapbook. I haven't done a scrapbook since I finished Jeff's Tractor Pulling scrapbook last winter. I've had a long enough rest...now it's time to start another one!

So I guess that's it on this lovely sunny first day of SPRING!! God's Blessings to everyone...More to come!!

5 comments:

Just Mom said...

Happy Spring to you.

I can't until the weather actually becomes more spring-like.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember if you listed potatoes as a veg. in your garden, but those are suppose to be planted on Good Friday!! That's long before May. I also think my mom has done peas and radishes before May as well!! Just in case you want to get those hands in the dirt sooner!! Hopefully tomorrow feels more like spring.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin! I haven't caught up on my Blankespoor Blog in a while, and I never really realized you can post comments on here! Ha! What an great computer teacher I am! I just wanted to say 'hi' and I sent you some more pictures of Cade. I will post them on Walmart later on this week....or when I get around to it... :)

Ok back to what I wanted to post...Yeah Spring!!! I agree with you. Sounds like the weather is just suppose to get nicer and nicer! Have a good rest of your week! Oh and I just had to watch that little kid laugh again :) Although Cade is much cuter (just my opinion....)

Morgan

A mom said...

I love thunderstorms also, as long as I am not at work. I am so excited for spring. I can't wait to plant something. I didn't get to do any last year, so I plan to make up for it this year.

I have often thought about scrapbooking. I love to go to the scrapbook isle and look. There are so many choices, I get overwhelmed. Have you been to the big store on 41st street? I have not, but would like to. I may over come my fear one day, and actually buy something.

Happy Spring!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring!!
So if Jeff is painting his "new puller" tractor what is he doing with his other tractor? I'm still waiting to see you drive it!! You know Sharon shouldn't be the only woman in the tractor pulling competition! :~) Let's see what you can do!!!!!! June will be here before you know it.
Go Erin! Win Erin!