Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Beautiful Day

It's WONDERFUL outside today! I'm so happy spring has finally decided to stick around. Hopefully there will be no more snow (I know I shouldn't have said it...it's like a swear word this time of year! ha ha)! I'm really getting antsy to get my garden going. I talked to a lady today that said her husband has already planted their potatoes, radishes and onions...boy am I not on the ball! I think maybe we'll start to get real serious about it around here next week or the week after. We plan to do a garden layout this year. We need to design our garden so everything is planted next to the things it grows best by. Yes even plants don't like certain other plants (a plant clique...who would have thought?)! So many things to do and so little time to do them...this should have probably been done about 2 months ago when we were ordering our garden seeds. Oh well..maybe next year we'll be more organized (I always say that...and usually it never happens)!

I have to start digging around our house also for things to put on my friend Val's garage sale on May 5th. I would tell everyone to go but it's not around here...it's in Rushmore, MN. But hey if you all want to venture out to a town wide rummage sale...be my guest :)! I have so much stuff to sell. There is still a lot of stuff that I have yet from my single days (a lot of repeats of things like silverware, baking dishes, etc., etc. etc.) so I hope to unload some of that on someone else :)! I'll probably end up walking though Rushmore to see what I can find too...I love a good rummage!

I went to the chiropractor today for a follow up appointment and also because my hip was feeling funny yesterday. It felt like it was going to pop out of place at any second. At my re-check he told me I needed to start doing some strengthening exercises. He recommended that I start to do Pilate's. I have a video (yes a VHS...not a DVD) that I bought back a few years ago when Pilate's was the "newest exercise craze" so at least I don't have to go buy one now. Thank goodness I live out in the boonies where no one will be peeking in my windows watching me do the "Downward Dog" or whatever those moves are called. He said he doesn't want to see me for a few months now (which is good...very good).

Jeff was out in the shop on Monday night until 1:30 a.m. working on a vehicle. I sort of remember him coming in. I know I talked to him but had to ask him yesterday if I made any sense what so ever. Apparently I didn't say anything too strange :)! Maybe I'm getting better at my talking and sleeping at the same time thing...who knows?! He's going to Inwood to work on the tractor on Saturday afternoon. I'll probably hang out at home...I'm sure there is something for me to do around here. Maybe I should hit town to see if there are any good rummages...you never know what items I might find that I can't live without.

So I guess that's it in a nutshell this fine Wednesday. I'm going outside to clean the inside of the car. I washed it today but of course there is gravel dust all over it now (oh the joys of our gravel road). At least most of the grim is off of it anyway. Hope everyone is having a great day. God's Blessings to everyone!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so glad spring has sprung. It is another beautiful day. I've already gone for one walk today and the kids played in the yard this morning and this afternoon.
I want to get our garden planted too.
We just love fresh vegetables.
What all do you plant?
We plant potatoes, carrots, onions, peas, beans, tomatoes, green peppers, and lettuce.
Enjoy the rest of your day!

A mom said...

First your ducks, now your veggies. Whats next? I am soooo glad spring is here and hopefully to stay. They are forecasting thunderstorms for the weekend!! I can't wait.

Have a great Thursday Erin!!!

the boedecker family said...

Isn't it so nice to finally be enjoying spring!! I need to do some much needed spring cleaning!! I love rummage sales and looking forward to it again this summer, a friend of mine and I like to do it together, with no kid's...HEHEHE!!

Tracy said...

Rummage sales...such a PAIN IN THE BEHIND but yet fun to get rid of JUNK! We have started a tradition with 2 other families and will be doing one hopefully early summer.

Mark can't wait because all of the RUMMAGE SALE totes are taking up space in his garage!

Jamie said...

You never know...your ducks may watch you do some Pilates!! hehe :))