Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Belated Easter!

We hope everyone had a great Easter yesterday! I have been away from the blogging world for a bit because Jeff and I went down to my parents house this weekend for Easter. We left at 1:15 or so on Friday afternoon and got to Mom and Dad's at around 7:30 p.m. The drive really wasn't all that bad. We didn't do too much while we were at Mom and Dad's. My poor Dad was sick with a really nasty cold so my Mom had to preach on Sunday! For those of you that don't know...I'm a preacher's kid...have been since I was 19 years old. Anyway back to the story....Saturday we went and bummed around Barnes and Noble while Dad took a nap. We love to just poke around that store. You can always find me in the "Bargain Book" section. They usually have TONS of cookbooks in that section..so I'm usually paging though those to see which one I can't live without :)! Jeff heads back to the Tractor books or the snowmobiling books. However he's noticed that they haven't gotten any new books on those subjects in...and the Sioux Falls store has no such section (poor guy). We usually have to check out the gardening books (like we'll be doing any gardening anytime soon with this weather!) and we always look at the home remodeling books (we'll probably remodel in about 20 years or so :)!) Mom found a few books and we all left Barnes and Noble happy.

A visit to Mom and Dad's wouldn't be complete without going to Red Lobster. It's kind of a tradition to do that at least one night while we are there. Of course we all left Red Lobster stuffed to the gills (sorry couldn't resist). Mom and Dad then took us to Cold Stone Creamery to get some dessert. Oh my gosh it was SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD!!! We all had to eat our treats in shifts to prevent over stuffing! Earlier that day Mom and I ran to Hy-Vee to get some Easter candy (I was hungry for those Malted Milk Ball Robins Eggs and Jeff wanted some Jelly Beans). So we got some treats at Hy-Vee and didn't even bust open the bags until after church on Sunday (and guess who had to take all the treats home?!).

On Sunday we went to breakfast at Dad's church and then went to the later service. It was a beautiful service with lots of singing by their church choir (both Mom and Dad are in this choir of course since Dad had no voice he couldn't sing either). Like I said earlier Mom had to do the sermon for church. She began the sermon by saying "Oh the things you do for love!" She had to do the sermon a few other times too (Christmas 2 years ago) when Dad had had his radiation treatments for his throat cancer and couldn't talk. So pretty soon she'll be an old pro! We hope you are feeling better Dad! And Mom you did great on Sunday!

After dinner yesterday Jeff and I left to make the 400 mile drive home again. We got home at 7:30 p.m. last night. We couldn't go get the dog because the Vet was closed (it was Sunday and after 5). So Jeff is picking him up today (probably as I'm typing this). All the ducks were still there when we got home. We have 3 females sitting on nests now. Not sure how that'll work with this really cold weather we are having. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Today it's back to the grind and I have been very busy. The morning has just flown by. No chiropractor appointments this week (knock on wood). He wants to see me in a few weeks.

So that's our weekend in a nutshell. Hope everyone had a great Easter! God's Blessings to everyone!!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Where are you from!?

Sounds like you had a good Easter. Nice and relaxing. Nothing too strenuous. That's my find of a holiday.

Lori said...

Happy belated Easter to you too!

I wondered the same thing as Tracy...where are you from? You said you had to drive 400 miles/?

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter.
We did too. Check out my blog. I did a slide show featuring our new niece Abby.

I will call you about getting together to stamp.
Any morning works for me.

First Time Mommy said...

I actually grew up in Dell Rapids (30 miles from here) but when I was 23 my parents moved down to Marion, Iowa (by Cedar Rapids, Iowa) and have been there for almost 6 years now. I then moved (after they moved away) to Sioux Falls for a year and then up to Madison in 2002 (and will probably live here the rest of my life..which is fine). Thanks for asking!

Jamie said...

Happy Belated Easter to you!
Sounds like you had a very nice and relaxing Easter. It is too bad your dad was sick! I hope he feels better soon!

the boedecker family said...

Happy Easter to you too! Sound's like it was fun!!

A mom said...

And a Happy Belated Easter to you! I have been away from blogging for a few days and I am so glad to be back. I felt like I didn't know what was going on!!!