Saturday, April 14, 2007

Recipe Exchange

I saw this on Lori B's blog and a few others so I thought I would join in and share some of my favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy!


Mexican Chicken
2 1/2 lbs. chicken (cooked and cut up)
6 medium jalapenos (chopped; use all 6 if you like things HOT, if not use half or none)
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons salad oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 lb. monterey jack cheese, grated
1 can cream of chicken soup
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pint sour cream
18 oz. bag corn chips
Cook jalapenos, onion and garlic. Stir in cumin, undiluted cream of chicken soup, frozen spinach, and salt. Stir in chicken and sour cream. Heat through. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 2 quart casserold dish, arrange 1/3 of the corn chips, 1/3 of the shredded cheese, and 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layering ending with cheese. Bake 30 minutes; sprinkle with paprika.

Zuppa Soup (Olive Garden Recipe)

1 lb. spicy Italian sausage; brown, drain, set aside

1/2 lb. smoked bacon; chop, fry until crisp, drain, set aside

In a large pot put:
1 quart water
2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
2 large potatoes, cubed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
Simmer until potatoes are tender. Add sausage and bacon.
Add:
2 cups Kale (or Swiss Chard)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
salt
pepper
Heat through and serve!


Colonial Surprise
Layer 1:
2 cups graham crackers (crushed)
1/2 cup melted margarine
1/2 cup sugar
Mix and press into 9 X 15 pan. Bake 7 minutes at 300 degrees. Chill.
Layer 2:
4 cups chocolate pudding
Add:
3/4 cup peanut butter
Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust. Chill. Layer 2 cups whipped topping over chocolate pudding layer. Garnish with grated chocolate chips or drizzle with chocolate syrup.


All these recipes are wonderful. I hope you can try them out and enjoy them as much as Jeff and I do!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your recipes. They all sound very good!

Jamie said...

Those sound yummy! Thanks for sharing. I am always trying to think of new things to make so this is great!

Have a great day!

A mom said...

I am going to have to attempt the mexican chicken. It sounds very yummy! How did you get the Olive garden recipe. Are you one of those people that can just eat something and figure out how to make it? If you are, you must go to Johnny Carrino's and try Johnny's skilletini. I really need the recipe for that!

Hope your having a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin :)
Nice to "meet" you. I see your a friend of Lori's.. Lori is so sweet isnt she! :)
Anyways, just wanted to drop by and say Hi. Feel free to come by my blog sometime....Im on a blogging break right now but maybe next week my new design will be done and I will start blogging again, come by then if you like :)
Candy

Tracy said...

YUMMY...now I am hungry and it is 9pm at night. (sigh)