Tuesday, April 03, 2007

We Missed A Great Opportunity....

I think Jeff and I missed our one big opportunity last night to make $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Video's! Why isn't the video camera charged and sitting right where you need it when you need it?? Come to think of it...I don't think I even know where the video camera is. Hmmm..might have to go looking for that in a little bit here (just in case another BIG opportunity presents itself)!

One of our male ducks, who's name happens to be Pompous (if you saw how he acts you would know why we refer to him like this) was acting like a tough guy last night. The new ducks and the old ducks still are not getting along at all. The new ducks hang out by the house for the most part but they do venture a little ways away from here. Anyway last night, Pompous being the tough guy he is, came charging up the yard towards the new ducks. He had his chest all puffed out and looked like he meant business. Well he stops about 20 feet from the new ducks and one of the new males (the Big One we call him) must have come out to "challenge" Pompous. Well the other old ducks didn't want any part of this so they separated from Pompous and went walking behind the dog kennel (Pompous was going in front of it). Pompous must have gotten freaked out by the Big One and decided it wasn't worth it. Well Pompous turned around and couldn't find the other old ducks so he started freaking out...he looked really confused. He went over to the food and water containers...had a little snack and then started to walk and run back the direction he came. He was running (and if you have ever seen a duck run..VERY funny) behind the kennel to find the others. About the time Pompous got behind the kennel the other old ducks had come around the other side of the kennel. Pompous didn't quite get it and when he couldn't find them when he went around the back of the kennel he started to run back the direction he came from. Well by this time the others had started back around the kennel again. Pompous was running again...frantically searching for the others. He just didn't get it...if he would have just stood there instead of running away like a crazed bird he would have found them. I think he finally got it and eventually they were all reunited. Ok so it might not seem that funny when you read about it..but trust me...IT WAS PRICELESS!! Now where is that video camera?!

We always joke that with the goofy dog and ducks we have around here we could be making big bucks on America's Funniest Home Video's. I just don't want to sit there for hours on end with a video camera trying to capture that perfect shot of something that is so funny someone is going to pay us for it. And you know...it never fails that when you do have the video camera out and ready to go...nothing funny ever happens. That's just how it is..not sure why that happens but it's true, don't you agree?!

Well besides the goofy story about our ducks not much else is happening around here today. I see it's started to snow again. I'm hoping that doesn't last very long and this cold snap goes away as quickly as it came! I thought we were done with the winter coats...guess we were wrong. Better dig all that out again too (thank goodness I hadn't dug all my summer clothes out yet)! Oh and to answer your question Mary, Jeff's "new" tractor is going to be RED :)! Thought you might like to know that. God's Blessings to everyone...and stay warm!!

4 comments:

the boedecker family said...

That sound's like it would be hilarious!! If we get the house I want one of the 1st animals I want to get are ducks!!

A mom said...

That would have been very funny to see. I agree with you about the video camera thing. The same always happens to me when I get out my camera. Such is life.

Have a great day!

Jamie said...

It is funny how those darn cameras are never around when you really need them. We have those moments all the time at our house!

Lori said...

That is a hilarious story. That would've been funny to see!