So many projects...and the time just flys by! I noticed the other night when I was upstairs that the wallpaper and border we were going to put up in the kitchen this winter is still sitting there in the Menard's bag! Oops! With good intentions we had "planned" to put up this wallpaper this past winter and apparently that didn't happen (we ran out of time). I should just set aside a Saturday this month and try to accomplish this task. However I can honestly say I have never wallpapered before so it might be a multi-day project...maybe even a multi-week project :)! This wallpaper project might just have to wait for this upcoming winter (I don't want to think about winter now though..it's finally just starting to get nice). I'll post pictures of the before and after when do decide to finally do this project :)!
Another project involves the use of my sewing machine that I received for Christmas. It's out of the box at least..he he! But has yet to be used. A few months ago I bought some patterns and some lovely fabric (all of which are still in the bags) to test my sewing skills. Well I have yet to "test" my sewing abilities. I look at that sewing machine on a daily basis and always say "I'm going to have to learn how to use this." But I have yet to even plug it in!
And I won't even go into detail about how our wedding scrapbook has yet to be finished. I have a good start on it but you really have to be in the right mood to scrapbook and I haven't been the last few weeks...ok months! It will get done..mark my words :)!!
Now Jeff and I have been talking about re-siding our garage. I know this project will get done...our garages life depends on it! This garage has needed a major make-over since before I moved out there when we got married. The paint is peeling off and if the wind blows just right you can see that thing swaying in the breeze!! Not a good thing!! So we decided last weekend that we were going to buy some siding for the garage, some new trim, new garage doors, a new entry door, and some shingles. Our garage will be getting a make-over before summers end. After the siding is put on we will be painting both the house and garage to match. The house needs paint too so this is the perfect opportunity! I'll post pictures of the before and after when all this fun begins and ends :)!!
So there is always something at our house to keep us busy. I guess I can't really whine about being BORED now can I! Jeff has completely different projects (his "new" puller tractor, snowmobiles, lawn mowers, cars, etc., etc.) then I do but the garage project will be a joint effort (there is no way I could do the siding by myself...I wouldn't even know where to begin). The wallpaper project might also be a joint effort or we might have to call in some re-enforcements to help out :)!!
So besides all the projects that have yet to be finished at our house, not much is going on. I guess I should say Jeff's puller tractor project is about done. The tractor is all primed, just waiting for Jeff to paint it. I think he'll be doing that tonight. I should have him take the camera so you all can see how wonderful it looks when it's painted BRIGHT RED! It's almost done and tractor pull season is still a month away! The month will fly by though..it always does.
God's Blessing to everyone! Have a GREAT Wednesday!!
5 comments:
Holy Hanky...you guys are going to be busy!! That is the great thing about summer...we get so many projects to do! YIPPEE!
Have a great Wednesday! :)
That's a lot of projects! But I do like to have projects and goals to look forward to!
HOLY CATS! You have alot of things on the TO DO list! I love making lists just so I can cross them off when they get done. Call me a retard...
Wow! You do have a bunch of projects to do. I'm sure you will be glad when you get some of them accomplished.
I make lists for everything too Tracy. I guess I'm a retard too. Hehe!
Sounds like you may be procrastinating a bit. :o) Your are not alone. Don't worry, you will get all of your projects done someday.
I have put up siding before. I know you could do it. Girl Power! All though, it is much less work, and more fun, to "NOT" know how to do it, and watch someone else! :o)
Have a great day Erin!!!
Post a Comment