Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tag...I'm It!

I have been tagged by Lori B. to do the 8 Random Things About Me. Here are the rules I found over at her place: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.

Here are 8 Random Things About Me:

1) I have an obsession with cookbooks. I probably have about 30 of them and I look though them quite often (kind of like most people look through magazines).

2) I was born 2 months early and weighed in at a whopping 3 lbs. 11 oz. I spent my first Christmas in the NICU at Sioux Valley (now Sanford) Hospital.

3) I hate looking at or touching other peoples feet. I like baby feet and my own feet but to look at or touch anyone elses feet gives me the creeps (but I have gotten MUCH better (ok sort of better) about this since getting married :)..he he)!!

4) I still go to Dell Rapids to get my hair done by the same hair dresser who has been doing my hair since 6 grade! I'm not sure what in the world I'll do when she retires!

5) I LOVE hanging clothes out on the clothes line...but I HATE folding them and putting them away!

6) My mom is 5 ft. tall, my dad is 6 ft. 7 in. tall, my brother is 6 ft. 5 in. and I'm in between..I'm 5 ft. 7 in.

7) I LOVE watching Jeff tractor pull. I had never been to one until we started dating and have been going to almost all of them since we have been together.

8) I crashed our riding lawn mower into a grove of trees once when we were mowing. It wasn't completely my fault...the brakes weren't working. Oh and I took another mower into the side of one of our buildings (and yes that was my fault)...OOPS!! :)

All the people I want to tag have been tagged already...so I guess I get to stay "IT"...he he!! Hope you enjoyed the post! More to come tomorrow...God's Blessings to Everyone!!

12 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for posting 8 things about yourself. It was fun to learn more about you.

Wow! You were born a tiny (3 lbs).

You are one crazy lawn mower driver. (hehe) I'm just kidding.

I like to look at cookbooks too. I bet I have around 30 also. Maybe not quite that many.

A mom said...

So you will never have your own lawn mowing business. Its not the end of the world. :o)

2 months early?! I am so glad that everything turned out the way it did. Merry 1st Christmas to you, about 30 years late!

Momma Roar said...

I am sooooo with you with not liking to fold the laundry and put it away - its kinda like the dishwasher - I like to run it, but I hate putting the dishes away! ;-)

Jamey said...

Interesting facts about you. It was nice (and a little funny about the lawn mower!) to learn a little more about you! I have a lot of cookbooks too. I can't say I use them that much, but it's the thought that counts, right??? I totally agree with the laundry thing!

Jamie said...

Great information...I am with you also on the feet thing...HATE feet except Marissa's and PLEASE do not touch me with your feet either....creepy!

You were such a little bitty baby!! Good things come in small packages right!! :)

Just Mom said...

Um... maybe you should back off on using the riding lawn mower for a bit, no? ;-)

I'm still in awe of the fact that you were born early and yet are now 5 ft. 7 in. That is amazing!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I'm not sure I would let you mow anymore....or is that your plan??!!

Tracy said...

I would LOVE to see pictures of you being such an itty bitty baby at 3lbs!!

I have to agree with everyone on the lawn mowing thing.

Sorry I tagged you AGAIN not knowing you'd already done this post! Hee hee!

Jennifer said...

Great to see new people stopping by my blog :o)

I also HATE folding and putting away laundry. We have a clothes line in our new 'old' house, but I haven't even thought to use it! I'll have to give it a try :o)

Oh the lawn mower! I'm at odds with ours too :o) but thankfully, I haven't crashed it yet (well, it's a push mower, so it would definitely have to be intentional if I did that!)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I never thought of crashing the lawn mower to get out of that job forever. Thanks for the tip, hehe!

Lori said...

See you a little after 1:00. If I'm not home right at 1:00. I should be shortly after that.

We will be at Prairie Village starting at 9:45M. Then onto Baughman Park for picnic lunch and playing in the playground until 1:00. I'm sure we can leave Baughman Park a little early.

A mom said...

Hey Erin!! Just wanted to stop by and tell you to have a wonderful weekend!!!