Friday, May 25, 2007

Yea...Almost the Weekend!!


Yea...it's a LONG weekend! It hasn't officially started for either one of us yet but will today when the work day is done :)!! We have big plans for the weekend so I'm sure it'll go really quick.

My parents should be on their way up this direction. They said they were going to leave early this morning. They won't be to our house until tomorrow because they are stopping at Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house first. They haven't seen them for awhile so I'm sure they will have a great time. Can't wait to see them tomorrow. We will head out tomorrow afternoon after lunch. I'm sure we'll visit relatives on Saturday night and then it's off to two graduations on Sunday. It'll be nice to see the relatives again. I feel old though because I remember when both these cousins (who are graduating from high school) were born! Oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later :)! We'll be back already on Sunday so it'll be a quick trip. Mom and Dad will head home on Monday after having breakfast with us and then stopping at Adam, Morgan, and Cade's again.

Jeff and I are going to Sioux Falls tonight to get a few things at Menard's. We need to get some mesh stuff to put over the Strawberries so we can keep the birds, ducks and dog out of them :)! Not sure what else we will find there..you never know! I need some gardening scissors...so maybe I'll get some of those tonight too. We have a gift certificate to Panera Bread in Sioux Falls so we are going to use that tonight (LOVE that place). I don't think Jeff's ever eaten there but my mom and I have (in Iowa City) and we LOVE it! It'll be a quick trip tonight but fun to get outta town for a bit.

Jeff mowed last night. That little shot of rain the other day did wonders for the grass. He wasn't sure it was in need of mowing yet but thought if he waited until next week Tuesday it would be WAY TOO LONG by that time. The yard looks really good. I am going to finish weeding the garden this afternoon (note the enthusiasm). It's not one of my favorite things to do out there but it's worth it when everything looks nice and you can actually see the rows. I noticed some of our radishes are ready. I'm the only one who eats those so I have quite the task ahead of me (I can feel the heartburn already).

Not sure what we are going to do on Monday after Mom and Dad leave. I'm sure we'll find something to do. I know one year on Memorial Day we went to the Zoo. Maybe this year we could do a picnic out at Lake Herman? Who knows! I'll take the camera with me and get some pictures (I've been slacking off in the picture department lately I know)!

We hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend. Safe travels to all that are traveling. God's Blessings to everyone!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead. Travel safe...

Christie Belle said...

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and a great visit with your family! Sorry I haven't been over here lately! It's been some kind of week, lol. Oh, I loved the cartoon with the sheep, I'm beginning to think that's a pretty good idea!

Just Mom said...

Wishing you a very wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Lori said...

You have a great Memorial weekend!

It sounds like you will be busy.
Have fun with you family.

Jamie said...

Have a fun and safe Memorial Weekend!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

My mother-in-law got her garden in really early and has given us spinach and radishes already. My garden just got put in the other day so it will be a little while. Hope you have a fun weekend with your family and I am dying to see pictures of your garden.

TO BECOME said...

I know you are going to enjoy the visit with your parents. I wish you a very happy weekend also. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

Happy Holiday weekend! Your life always sounds so peaceful and fun! Enjoy :)

A mom said...

Howdy! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Sounds like it was going to be a busy one.

Where is Panera Bread? I have never heard of it.

the boedecker family said...

Sound's like you have a fun and busy weekend planned...have a good one!