First off I'll start by saying our weekend was wonderful! It was so nice to spend some time with Mom and Dad. We got to Aberdeen on Saturday afternoon around 4:30. We got to the hotel only to find out that they overbooked the place and had to upgrade us all to Whirlpool Suites (I know...it was ROUGH)! Mom and Dad's suite was slightly smaller then Jeff and mine but that didn't matter :)! Needless to say none of us took advantage of our rooms' perks! On Saturday night we went out to eat with my Uncle Robin and Aunt Sandy and cousins Corey and Chris. We went over to their house afterwards to sit and chat..catch up on things. It was nice. My Aunt Holly stopped for a few minutes too. We were back at the hotel by about 10:15 p.m. On Sunday we sat through graduation (350 kids graduated). It really didn't take that long and after that we hit both Sam and Nathan's (both are my cousin's) graduation parties. There was LOTS and LOTS of good food (and CAKE) so we all stuffed our faces and headed home on Sunday at around 7 p.m. We got back to Madison at around 10. We had breakfast with Mom and Dad bright and early on Monday morning and they headed out.
I discovered we had baby ducks yesterday morning too! We now have 6 more!! They are so tiny and cute. Two of them are yellow with a tiny bit of black and the other four are black with some yellow. VERY VERY CUTE! Of course the momma duck won't let me anywhere near them but thank goodness for zoom on our camera! I post some pictures after this post! We also discovered that our other 3 females also have nests...yikes we might have 50 ducks before the summer is over!! :)
As for the title of this blog...yes we have a mouse in the house. YUCK!! Last night Jeff had just come in from outside and I saw this little black thing streak across the living room floor. So I was heading into the kitchen to tell Jeff about our new critter...when it shot back across the floor right over my foot!!!!! I FREAKED OUT! Oh it was so nasty and gross! I immediately went to the sink and washed my foot off. I felt violated! Then we couldn't find the creature...so I started to resume the dishes (or whatever I decided to do) and closed a drawer in the kitchen and out shot the mouse from behind the cupboard's (on the floor). At this point I'm up on the kitchen chair...FREAKING OUT yet again. Jeff is telling me to calm down as he is grabbing the Raid (bug spray) and a broom. We pulled our dishwasher out and noticed this little mouse in a hole..you could see him sticking his little nose in and out of the hole like he was going to make a mad dash for it again. Jeff plugged the hole up with a rag and put out some poison (since we didn't have any traps). Not sure if the mouse is still around or not...it hasn't graced us with it's presence yet today! Oh you gotta love country livin'!!
So that's life in a nutshell. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! Now it's back to work..but it's a short work week so it's not so bad :)! God's Blessings to everyone and I'll post some pictures of our "babies" soon!
7 comments:
EEWWWW!!! I hate mice, especially when they are in your house. I hope you got it with the Raid! It sounds like you had a great weekend. I can't wait to see the baby ducks!
Oh my goodness!! I so hate mice!! YUCKY!!!
You should post a picture of those new baby ducks! I bet those are sooo cute. :)
EWWW! I don't like mice either. I'd be freaking out too.
I'm grateful for our husbands taking care of them.
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
I bet the ducks are cute!!
Mice don't scare me unless they are where they shouldn't be...YIKES!! Baby duck's...oh how cute!! I wish I could have some I think the kids would love it!! CUTE...CUTE!!
OMG! Eeeeewwww! At least you got a chance to relax in a Whirlpool suite this weekend. Awesome.
I laughed so hard reading your post! I don't like mice either and when we first got married, we lived in an OLD farmhouse filled with mice...I kinda got used to them. I love that you washed your foot after it ran across it!!!
Can't wait to see the pics of your ducks.
I have a house cat that needs a good home. She may be able to help you with your problem.
I cannot believe that darn hotel over booked, causing you to have to stay in that aweful whirlpool sweet. The nerve. Its also a shame that you were forced to eat all that cake. I would be outraged!!
Glad you had a good weekend. I don't know how you manage to find time to do all the things you do. It tires me just thinking about it.
Later gator!
Post a Comment