Friday, May 18, 2007

Where Has the Week Gone?

I just noticed that I haven't posted for a few days :)! This week pretty much flew by! We haven't been real busy or anything at our house...just the usual for the most part.


The garden is up and I've started putting the tomatoes and green peppers outside for a hour or so to "harden" them to the outside elements. I plan to put them in the garden on Monday. Jeff said the sweet corn was up this morning..even after the dog and all the ducks walking through it :)! The only few things that haven't come up yet are the honeydew, watermelon, pumpkins and my herbs. But I have learned patience is a virtue...so I NEED to be patient :) (which is not something I'm very good at..just ask Jeff)!


The ducks have decided they like the flower beds. I think our next course of action is to put fence around all the rock garden/flower beds. The ducks like to find the prettiest flowers, pick the pretty flowers off the plant and so generously lay the pretty flowers next to the plant they just picked it off of..real nice! Jeff and I notice they only do it to two types of flowers (but as I'm typing this they are probably going though the flower bed destroying my other flowers). I even had a dream the other night that the ducks had gone though our rock garden and ruined all my flowers! You can't train a duck (I've said that many times on here before)!

Jake likes the flower beds too but at least he listens when you tell him to stay out of there. Well there was an exception last summer. Jeff and I noticed something had been in the rock garden and dug up some of the flowers. We blamed the ducks right away because they had been caught in there numerous times. Anyway..I was outside weeding the rock garden and digging in that spot where the flowers were dug up. I found something that confirmed just who had dug up the flowers. I found a chew toy of Jake's buried in the dirt. Yup...our sweet innocent dog was the one who dug up the flowers...and he let the ducks take the fall! It was quite funny when I discovered it..Jake ran over grabbed it out of my hand and laid down to chew on his long lost treasure! Gotta love the animals :)!!

I think we are going to Hartford tonight for the races. We got some free tickets so we'll go check it out. It should be a nice night for racing if the wind would die down some. At least it won't be snowing (it did that one year for Lake County's opening race..they even had to stop the race because the Sprint car drivers couldn't see the flag guy). Not much going on this weekend. We'll probably mow the lawn and do some outdoor things. Sounds like it's suppose to be a nice weekend.

We hope everyone has a great weekend! God's Blessings to everyone..maybe I'll take some pictures this weekend to post next week sometime. Notice I did say maybe :)!! More to come...

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Have fun at the races!! I have never been to the Hartfor track. We may have to journey on over there this year!

Sounds like you have some fiesty little ducks!! :))

Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Good luck with your yard work. That is what we will be busy with as soon as Al gets home from school we will be mowing the lawn.

Have fun at the races.

You have a great weekend!

Just Mom said...

I love the "tours" of your garden.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jennifer said...

this is great! I planted part of our SMALL garden today ~ it's only about 6'x6' (if that).

your ducks 'quack' me up! stupid joke, I know.

have a great weekend!