We had a nice weekend at our house. I got the rest of the garden planted on Friday afternoon...and yes I did wear sunscreen :)!! I was not about to fry myself again like I did on Wednesday. I went and bought a ton of flowers for our yard. The ducks seem to like one certain kind...as I found the pretty little white flowers laying next to the plants. Apparently the ducks wanted to "taste" them and then must have decided they weren't good enough to eat and left them laying there. Real nice, I know :)! So far they have stayed out of everything else but the day is young yet! Jake is pretty good and stays out of everything..but we do have to remind him once in awhile (and we have a fence around our garden which is good because Jake LOVES green tomatoes and green beans..stange I know :)!!!!) We need to buy some mesh stuff to cover the strawberry's. There are TONS of flowers on them right now but no fruit yet..but I know once the fruit comes we are going to be fighting the birds for the berries. So the plan is to get some mesh..hopefully we'll get to Sioux Falls in the next week or so.
Jeff got the sweet corn sprayed with some special spray that doesn't allow for more weeds to grow. He had to do it before the corn came up. He also sprayed the whole field were the corn is with some Round Up to kill the existing weeds. Hopefully we'll be able to see a big difference tonight. Next time we mow I am going to ride my little garden tractor around the yard with the grass sweeper and pick up all the clippings. I put a bunch of those in between the rows of the garden on Friday and Saturday to prevent weeds. We are going to do that with the pumpkins, honeydew, and watermelon too...but we need A LOT of clippings to cover that area. We planted that stuff down by the corn..so those plants have lots of room to grow.
We did go to the races on Saturday night. The rumor about them raising the prices was just a rumor (thank goodness). We paid $10.00 per person (which is still bad enough). I think the speedway is losing a lot of drivers to the Hartford track. Jeff and I did have a good time and there was a really nasty sprint car crash (but don't worry all the drivers walked away from it). Jeff and I are going to go watch at Hartford some Friday or Saturday night...not sure when we'll do that though. Tractor pulling starts in a few short weeks...so that will occupy most of our time on the weekends.
So I guess that's about it from the Blankespoor household this Monday. Don't have too much planned for the upcoming week (not yet anyway). We hope everyone had a great weekend and we hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Monday!! God's Blessings to everyone!!
6 comments:
Well you had a busy weekend!!
Jason and I drove by Sunday night. You and Jeff were planting in your garden. We were going to stop by Marissa was sleeping on me. Next time we will stop and say hi!!
Sounds like you had a busy weekend again.
I'm glad you got your garden planted.
We finished planting the rest of ours on Saturday.
You have a wonderful week!
You have been a busy girl. Where did you get your green thumb? I am actually learning a few things here. Thanks!!
I know gardens are a lot of work, that is why I don't have one. I wish I had the ambition to do it. I love all things that come from the garden. YUMMO!
I love reading your posts about gardening. I'm very new to this hobby and needs LOTS of help. Perhaps you can start some classes for beginners(?) Just a thought.
Loved your slide show too. You two sure are busy.
I love honeydew! What a lot of work! Busy, busy, busy you will be.
I've tagged you for a 8 Random Things About Yourself post.
Stop over to my blog and check it out.
Post a Comment