Friday, March 09, 2007

Mushy Melty Friday

This weather is WONDERFUL compared to last week Friday at this time. It's amazing just how different the weather can be from week to week! Jeff and I walked out of the house this morning and we both said "Wow it's really nice outside already." It didn't even freeze last night and the sun is shining brightly today...that always makes things seem better :)!!

Jeff and I have both had a pretty busy week. We got a new hot water heater put in on Tuesday night. When Jeff bought the house 5 years ago or so they told him the water heater was put in in 2001. Well when Jason took out the old water heater he informed Jeff that it was 11 years old!! Jason said he was really surprised it lasted as long as it did. So are we!! It was getting pretty bad though...leaking and there was a ton of rust in the bottom of the hot water heater. So it's nice to have that fixed. A big thanks to Jason Kearin for coming out and putting that in for us!!

I got all the cleaning and laundry done on Wednesday and then yesterday afternoon I baked like crazy! I made some flower cut out cookies. They turned out pretty good. I frosted them with both pink and green frosting (pink for the flower part and green for the stem and leaves). They are pretty cute and they taste GREAT! I, of course, had to sample them! After the cookies were done I made S'mores Cake. That turned out really good but it tells you not to cover it. If you cut into it you are suppose to just put saran wrap on the row you cut. Well being me...I didn't follow the directions and I covered it. Well when Jeff got into the cake last night at 1:30 a.m. (I'll explain this more in a bit)...he said that the frosting (which was just marshmallow creme and hot fudge) was sticking to the lid. So I got up to check it out. Yup...it sure was sticking and it took some of the top of the cake with it. Jeff told me not to let it bother me...of course it did bother me and I keep thinking about how that lid ruined my beautiful cake (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my baking...I learned that when I was a cook at the hospital in Dell Rapids.) I fixed it this morning by the way...doesn't look too terrible but you can obviously tell that it had some issues.

So why is Jeff eating cake at 1:30 a.m....well he was out in the shop putting a transmission in a vehicle until 1:15 a.m. or so. He went out at 7:00 p.m. and wanted it done last night so he worked until it was done. I don't know how he does it. I was asleep on the couch at 10:30 and woke up at 12:30 wondering if he was ok out there in the shop. I always worry about his pickling himself with exhaust or a car falling on him or something like that ....so I called him on his cell phone at 12:30 a.m. to make sure he was ok. He was just fine...he was finishing up the car and would be in when he was done. So being the good wife...I went to bed :)! He has been very busy and it looks like next week will be just as crazy.

My mom is staying at our house for a few days now. She was watching Cade all week and Morgan had the day off today so Mom came up last night and is leaving tomorrow morning. We are planning to go out to eat for supper tonight (her belated b-day supper) and she is also coming to town at around 12 to see where I work and also to have lunch with me. I think we might hit a few of the shops downtown here too since I don't think she's been to any of those. So that'll be fun. Poor Jeff has to work so he misses out on the shopping :)! He'll get to join us for supper tonight though.

So it's been a busy week for everyone. We hope everyone has a great weekend. God's Blessings to all!!

2 comments:

A mom said...

I should not have read this post. I am sitting hear at work with nothing to eat, and your goodies sound so good. Three more hours until I can eat. Hopefully by then, these hunger pains you have created for me will be gone! :0)

Our men have a lot in common. It used to drive me mad wondering if Al was okay out there in the garage. Not so much anymore. I guess because he usually has a cell phone on him. He can call for help. And if not, I will eventually wonder where he is and look for him! JK!!!

Jamie said...

Hey I am Jason's wife and I will say you are welcome from him! hehe

I found your blog through Jennie!

Jamie