Last night Jeff and I booked our next vacation! We have decided to go to Lake Itasca, MN. We found a really neat place called Bert's Cabins. The place looks so peaceful and beautiful. We are going October 12-15. I know it's a ways off but hey it's something to look forward to! We have heard really good things about this area and figure that in October it'll be breathtaking there with all the fall colors on the trees. We are also going to take our bikes...they have a bunch of bike trials around the lake. The cabin we are staying in has a full kitchen so we can prepare our own meals and grill out. We like taking vacations like this...I guess you could say we both really enjoy nature and the outdoors so a cabin is where we belong! We are both very excited to venture there in October!Not much has been going on this week at our house. We are both fighting colds. I thought mine had gone away and then last Friday it returned again. Jeff probably caught it from me (I like to share :)...isn't that what you are suppose to do when you are married?!) Jeff usually works through his colds...he doesn't let anything knock him down. Me on the other hand...I give in and let the cold over take me. I think if I took his approach to being sick I probably wouldn't feel so yucky. I don't want to venture to the doctor's office because I'm 100% sure they would tell me it's just viral and there is nothing they can do about it. So we both will battle through it!
Our nephew Cade is 3 months old today! It's so hard to believe he's that old already. He's doing all sorts of fun things now...he smiles a ton, he thinks everything is funny and he's just super cute! I think the last time they had him weighed he was about 17 lbs.! Adam said he's already in some 6-9 month clothing...he'll probably be tall like his mom and dad!! I know mom sure had a blast watching him last week! We can't wait to meet Tami and Alan's baby in June either!! Another baby to spoil and write about!! :)
The water in the basement is somewhat gone...there are a few random puddles here and there. If it rains it'll get pretty wet again. Like I said I'm just happy it's not a finished basement! What a mess that would be if it was! Our gravel road is getting less muddy by the day! Our driveway was pretty messy too but that's even getting better. The dog and ducks don't care about the mud. The ducks love drinking out of the puddles in the driveway and swimming in some larger puddles in the yard! The dog...well lets just say he doesn't mind the mud either...yesterday he was rolling around in the grass. Thank goodness he picked a spot that was pretty dry..otherwise we would have had a "black" lab instead of a yellow one!
Well I could probably babble all day but I'm going to end this now! God's Blessings to everyone! Happy Wednesday everyone!
3 comments:
I took a quick peek at the cabins on the web site. They look beautiful. The area will, indeed, look gorgeous in October when the leaves start changing colors.
Thanks for commenting on my blog this morning. It was great "meeting" you. Drop by anytime. :-)
Those cabins look awesome! That would be so fun. We stay at Jason's boss' cabin out in Rapid City and it was such a good time! Our daughter even loved it and wants to go back!
Do you think I could hide in your suitcase? That looks like it will be a very good time. I so need a vacation like that!
I hope you start feeling better soon!
Post a Comment