Looks like we'll be spending the weekend indoors. That's alright because I have a TON to do. Now that my back/hip is feeling better I should probably start my spring cleaning. Oh the joy! I have been pretty productive already this morning. I have already made my bars for church tomorrow and it's not even 9:30 a.m. yet! I hope they turn out...I tried a new recipe. I might have to sample them to be sure though :)!
Jeff's already out in the shop. He got two new jacks from MAC yesterday so he's putting them together this morning. He said he plans to run to town later and buy me a little wagon to pull behind our Snapper. Jeff is converting our Snapper mower (the one I like to hit buildings with..if you want to know the story I will share!) into a "Garden Tractor" for me. He's going to buy this little wagon for me to pull behind it. This wagon will be used to transport weeds to the burn pile (last year I would just throw them outside the garden and they would sit there forever until I decided I should probably pick them up before they start to grow again). I also found some really neat and very large rocks out in the grove that I want to put in our rock garden so I plan to use the garden tractor and wagon for that too.
I have spring fever really really bad. All our garden seeds came in the mail a few weeks ago and I'm itching to get out there and plant, plant, plant. I know it's way too early to do that but I can dream can't I :)! The potatoes need to go in on Friday (they say you are suppose to plant them on Good Friday). I'm not sure if they will get in or not. We are going to my parents house for Easter so we won't be able to plant on Friday. They might have to wait until the Friday after. I need to start my tomato plants in the house. I have decided to try to grow them myself. I usually just buy 6 plants from the greenhouse in town here but have decided to try this and see if I can succeed. I like a good challenge! And this way I can control how many plants we put in the garden. I have a thing where if I buy 6 tomato plants (which is usually what you have to do at a greenhouse) I have to plant all 6. I can't let any of them die (I know...I'm a sap). Starting them in the house will allow me to plant 3 or 4 tomato plants and then 2 cherry tomato plants. I'll have to take pictures of the progress...unless of course things don't go as planned :)! I did plant our raspberry bushes in two big pots on Thursday. They came in the mail on Wednesday and it tells you to plant them right away. Well we think the ground is still too cold so I bought some potting soil and put them in 2 very large pots. This way I can drag them outside during the day and bring them in at night. We'll transplant them after the ground warms up a bit more. I also found a bonus in the box with the raspberry's...they put in a blueberry plant too! Jeff and I had thought about ordering one of those but never did...so I was shocked when I found it in our box. This type of blueberry is planted in a large pot..this way you can bring it in in the winter time and then in the spring put it outside again. We'll see how all that goes :)!
Well everyone have a GREAT wet rainy weekend. Hopefully we'll see a little sun later this weekend. God's Blessings to everyone! More to come!!
1 comment:
Try to stay dry.
I can't wait until this rain stops. I really want to get outside and start planting flowers.
Post a Comment